Chiptune Forums

Please login or register in order to post. Guests cannot post here!
Do not register to advertise sites; if you do that you will get an IP & email ban!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chiptune Forums

Please login or register in order to post. Guests cannot post here!
Do not register to advertise sites; if you do that you will get an IP & email ban!

Chiptune Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chiptune Forums

Nightmare's Chiptune Forums

2 posters

FamiTracker -- NES software synthesizer\tracker!

Graedius
    Graedius
    Admin
    Admin

FamiTracker -- NES software synthesizer\tracker! Empty FamiTracker -- NES software synthesizertracker!

Post  Graedius Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:04 pm

I think this is an appropriate way to open up this thread!

If the NES's chiptunes are your sorta thing (as they're definitely among my favorites, since I played so much of it when I was a kid -- and even still do now!) there exists a tracker that perfectly simulates the capabilities (and limitations) of the original NES hardware, in a nice, easy-to-use windows graphical-user-interface that is fairly straight-forward and easy to use:

FamiTracker -- NES software synthesizer\tracker! Famitracker
    Link: http://famitracker.shoodot.net/

You can set up instruments in a straight-forward manner that's represented on-screen, if you're kinda dense like me and have hard a hard time understanding how to make arpegiattors and stuff like that work in other trackers (I still have a lot to learn. x3) It's hard to describe, but once you play around with it, it's easy to understand~ It shares the NES's limitations however, with only four primary channels available (and an external channel for down-converted audio samples.)

It's free and easy to use, but only available for Windows right now, I think!
    If you've ever been interested in messing around with making chiptunes yourself, this would probably be a good place to start, based on it's simplicity and authentic sound. :3
    Nightmare
    Nightmare
    Deity
    Deity

FamiTracker -- NES software synthesizer\tracker! Empty Re: FamiTracker -- NES software synthesizer\tracker!

Post  Nightmare Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Cool!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:19 am